So you’ve booked your ski trip and now it’s time to pack? A winter trip hopefully means you’ll get to cozy up by the fire in a comfy outfit…but winter clothes aren’t exactly space efficient. If you want to know what to pack, and some gear to help make it more efficient, check out my guide.
How to organize packing for a ski trip:
- Proper luggage: This one is important. Your suitcase is the home for your stuff while on the road, but ski gear is particularly bulky; maximizing space will need to be top priority! The L.L. Bean extra large duffel will fit it all! If you are going to take two bags, I’d also recommend “the medium” suitcase at Away Travel.
- Carry on book-bag: I have tried countless backpacks over the years, and the Nordace Siena-Smart bag is the winner. It fits so much gear and most importantly, keeps me organized.
- Packing cubes: I don’t use packing cubes for everything (I much prefer to roll clothes), but these definitely help more with organization, especially with tiny baby clothes!
- Toiletry bags: Yes, that is a plural statement. I prefer to have two separate smaller bags to keep my lotions and potions organized. For all things skin/hair/teeth, I use Petunia Pickle Bottom’s organizer. And for makeup, check out the Scout collection.
What to wear on the slopes
- 1 Ski coat
- 2 sports bras
- 1 pair of long leggings
- 1 pair of skipants
- 2-3 long sleeve athletic tops
- 1 ski mask
- 1 pair of ski googles
- 2-3 pairs of ski socks
- 1 Neck warmer
- 1 pair of ski gloves
- 1 pair of ski boots (if you own your own pair)
What to bring for apres-ski
- 3 thin layering shirts
- 3 sweaters
- 1 pair of jeans and/or black pants
- 3 pairs of thick socks
- 1 pair snowboots
- 1 scarf
- 1 pair of earmuffs
- 1 pair of gloves
- 2 Swimsuits (for hot tub time)
Other useful ski necessities to pack:
- Plenty of hair ties and bobby pins
- Waterproof mascara
- Lip balm
- Hand and toe warmers
- Travel pack of tissues
Want to learn more about popular ski destinations?
I hope this article has inspired some ideas for your own winter ski vacation. If you have any questions, or your own travel tips, please leave them in the comments below. Also, don’t forget to sign up for the monthly newsletter, packed with travel tips, upcoming news, and access to FREE destination itineraries.
Start gathering your future travel ideas now! Sign up to receive exclusive travel itineraries and tips.