I have a confession to make. This rooftop picture of the city, taken from the balcony of Hotel Hassler, was snapped about 3 years before I was an actual hotel guest. Sorry Hotel Hassler...I snuck in and just had to see the views! I made a mad dash for the elevator, convinced someone I was a hotel guest, and enjoyed a refreshing drink at the rooftop bar overlooking the city. While my “trespassing” may have been frowned upon then, I’m so glad I got a glimpse inside this hotel. It got me hooked on Hassler! I was determined to one day return.
A few years later, this dream came true and I returned as a hotel guest. Here’s why Hotel Hassler is a great option for a luxury Roman experience:
- Location, location, location! You aren’t just near the Spanish steps at Hotel Hassler -- you’re sitting at the top of these beautiful stairs. This means that you’re just seconds away from one of my favorite piazzas, and excellent shopping. You'll be glad you chose a hotel in close proximity to the main avenues after you've spent long hours walking the city. At the end of the day, you can relax on the Spanish Steps, eat some gelato, and then walk a few paces back to your hotel.
- A delicious breakfast to start the day. I became obsessed with the peach yogurt, and Italian pastries available everyday. If I could've shipped that yogurt back to the U.S., I would have! You won't start your day hungry at Hotel Hassler.
- Beautiful accommodations with large comfortable beds, and excellent in-room amenities. I don't think there is a bad room in the house. We stayed in a regular Classic Room, but won the jackpot for views! We woke up every morning to the sound of church bells right outside our window, and views of Piazza di Spagna (see below picture for views).
- World-class concierge services. The friendly hotel concierge arranged for tours of the Colosseum and the Vatican museums. They also helped us purchase tickets for an A.S. Roma soccer game.
Other lodging options:
Although I have not stayed in the below as a guest myself, I've heard wonderful reviews of these accommodations:
- This apartment rental - my brother/sister-in-law stayed here during their honeymoon. Talk about a palace in the heart of the Eternal City!
- Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora - beautiful rooftop views and close proximity to Borghese Gardens.
- Hotel Russie - great location (near Via Del Corso and Spanish steps), and a private courtyard for guests to enjoy (see picture below).
Start gathering your future travel ideas now! Sign up to receive exclusive travel itineraries and tips.