Enchantment Resort Review: Luxury Sedona Hotel
Maybe it was the magic energy of the vortexes. Maybe it was the glowing red rock scenery. Or maybe the panoramic views of the Boynton Canyon had us in a trance. All I know is, Enchantment Resort put us under a spell.
We visited Sedona both for a babymoon escape, and again the following year with our one year old daughter. Somehow our second trip was even better than the first! Enchantment Resort will deliver a 5-star experience for many types travelers -- honeymooners, babymooners, adventure seekers, and traveling families will all find their rhythm in the red rocks. With beautifully appointed rooms and grounds that feature plenty of outdoor activities, this is the place in Sedona where you'll want to splurge and call home.
This review of Enchantment Resort contains all the information you need to know before heading out west. I'll be sharing all the amenities that make this 5-star property one of the best family friendly resorts in Arizona -- including specifics on the pool, hikes, and kid-friendly activities.
For your Planning Purposes
Getting there: Phoenix International Airport is 2 hours away. Alternatively, it's possible for private aircrafts to fly into Sedona Oak Creek Airport.
Getting around: You'll want to rent a car for easier access to hiking and activities in Sedona. There are many car rental services in Phoenix if that's where you're landing.
When to visit: Spring is the most popular time to visit Sedona. The high season is from March-May, and again later in the early fall from September-November.
Location of Enchantment Resort
Enchantment Resort is tucked into the Boynton Canyon in Sedona, Arizona. The rooms, facilities, and spa are built directly into the natural red rock formation, with panoramic views all around. It's the views at this property that set this resort apart from others in Sedona, and it's why you should consider booking this spot for your next luxury family vacation. Yes, you're paying for those incredible red rock backdrops, but you won't forget the experience.
When you're ready to tear yourself away from the views, you can easily head into downtown Sedona, located about 15 minutes away. The main town of Sedona includes many restaurants and shops. There are also some popular hiking trails located 5 minutes from the hotel, including the very Instagram-able Devil's Bridge, and the gorgeous Fay's Canyon.
Check out the Ultimate Guide to Sedona & Scottsdale
Are you interested in learning more about Sedona, and what you can do in this incredible location? Read this Compass Roam post for an overview:
Hotel Highlights For Families
Here are some of the most attractive amenities for families staying at Enchantment Resort:
- Heated Pool: The family friendly pool has stunning views of the red rocks -- it will be hard to get the kids to leave!
- Casita style rooms: There are 1 and 2 bedroom suites available, allowing for plenty of space for families to spread out. Some of the casita suites also include kitchens.
- Laundry available: After a day of red rock dust, you may want to pop the clothes in a wash! There are shared laundry facilities located throughout the property.
Those were just the highlights! If you’d like to learn more about these amenities, and others offered at the hotel, then keep reading!
Property Highlights & Amenities at Enchantment Resort
An Enchantment Resort review would not be complete without a lay of the land -- the amenities and views are what make this property unforgettable. As you pull into the entrance, you’ll drive through beautiful green grounds, with the hotel perched in the cliffs above. The desert light bounces all over the landscape, and it's hard to take your eyes off the scenery.
Across the 70 acre property, there is something for every age group and type of traveler -- from pools, to hiking, to kids' clubs and tennis -- you won't have a hard time filling your days here. Here are some of the amenities at Enchantment Resort.
Heated Pool / Jacuzzi
Enchantment Resort snagged the best seat in the house! While you cool off in the pool, you'll have front row seats to the beautiful Boynton canyon.
The pool is probably the most popular selling point. It’s fully heated, never felt crowded, and had a very family friendly vibe. There's also a hot tub on the sun deck that's open to kids, which is where everyone heads when the desert starts to cool at sundown.
There are lounge chairs, covered cabanas, and large orange cushions surrounding the pool, with plenty of space to hang out and enjoy a snack. They also have food service poolside with kid favorites like french fries, grilled cheese and smoothies.
- During peak months, seating can be limited by the pool. Try to reserve one early.
- The main pool can get quite loud with all the families and kids bouncing around. If you're seeking a quieter spot, head to the pool at Mii Amo Spa. Keep in mind that while it's definitely calm and serene, it doesn't have the views of the Red Rocks.
Grounds & On-Site Sports
If you're traveling to Sedona, you'll definitely have some days scheduled to explore off-site. However, when you do plan to stay at the hotel for the day, there's plenty of outdoor activities to keep you busy.
Enchantment Resort offers tennis courts, pickle ball, mountain biking, and various hiking trails. There's also a small putting green for the golf lovers, and bocce ball court too.
Enchantment Resort's 70 acre property includes access to some beautiful hiking trails that you won't want to miss!
On our first visit, during our baby moon, we checked out the Boynton Canyon Trail, which snakes behind the hotel. Most of the walk consisted of a wooded area, and the views of the canyon below come at the end after a short, steep hike. Access to this to this part of the Boynton Canyon Trail is only available for hotel guests, so it never felt crowded and we had the views all to ourselves.
However, my favorite on-site hike was Vista Trail This is the perfect hike if you'd like to get-up-and-go as it's only about 15-20 minutes to get to the top. That's right parents!...You can do this hike with your kids, snap some family photos, and get back down all before the brunch buffet is even ready. The panoramic views is one of my favorite spots in Sedona. Hiking the Vista Trail quickly became part of our daily routine. It's a popular spot too at sunset, when the entire valley lights up.
Spa & Wellness
The Mii Amo Spa is world-renowned for its high quality treatments and stunning facilities. There's nothing like getting a refreshing massage while being surrounded amongst the beauty of the natural desert. Besides offering spa services, there is also a private pool and small cafe serving fresh juices and sandwiches.
Update: Currently the spa is under construction, with plans to open in fall 2022.
Guests at Enchantment Resort have access to the Seven Canyons 18-hole championship course. This is a private course with gorgeous views of the Sedona landscape all around. There's a hotel shuttle service to the course, which is about 10 minutes away.
Twice a week Enchantment Resort offers star-gazing on the property. A guide will point out constellations and tell you about some of the history of Sedona. We didn't have time for this activity, and I wish we had penciled it in.
Complimentary / Additional Services
- Every morning when you open your casita door, you'll find cold orange juices and a newspaper upon request.
- Throughout the property, guests can find shared laundry facilities, fully equipped with detergent and anything else you may need. After a day hiking in the red rocks, you may find it useful to throw your clothes in for a quick wash.
- There are filtered water stations located throughout the property. Upon check in, guests receive a complimentary water canteen to use throughout the stay.
- Wouldn't it be great to just board your plane to Arizona and not worry about luggage? Enchantment Resort has a partnership with Luggage Forward -- a luggage delivery service who ships bags, golf clubs and even mountain bikes. Everyone from mountain bike lovers to moms will love this feature.
You’re welcome to bring you furry friends (under 75 pounds) to Enchantment Resort. Pets are not allowed to go in certain sections, like the pool, tennis courts, main lobby and restaurants. However, if you'd like your dogs to come along (max 2 per room), then the hotel can provide dog beds, food/water bowls, waste bags, and a customized dog-friendly hiking trail booklet.
Don't Miss These Related Compass Roam Articles
Want to learn more about family friendly activities located nearby?
Enchantment Resort Accomodations
This Enchantment Resort review will also cover types of rooms available for booking. If you're traveling with kids, the first question you may have may be: is there space for everyone to fit comfortably? Yes, there are absolutely options to fit every family!
The casita rooms at Enchantment Resort are worth the splurge and perfect for large families. We stayed in a 2 bedroom full casita suite as we were traveling with extended family. The 2 bedroom casita had a large king room, with en-suite bathroom and private deck. There was also a shared living room and kitchen space; this room included a Murphy bed to accommodate extra guests. Lastly, there was another separate bedroom with 2 queen beds and another en-suite bathroom. We fit 7 people comfortably into this space.
Other room options include:
- Casita Guest Room - The standard rooms are spacious and great for couples.
- Casita Studio - The studios feature pull-out Murphy beds and a Southwestern themed living area (note: living area is not separated from the bedroom).
- Junior Suite - Junior suites are another good option for couples, or small group. There is a small living area, fireplace, and private deck.
- One Bedroom Suite - The one bedroom suites have various room configurations, of which can accommodate 2-8 people.
- Two Bedroom Suite - The two bedroom suites are perfect for larger parties looking for more beds and space than the 1 bedroom suite provides. There is a shared living space, and 3 bathrooms.
- Pool Suite - The pool suites are some of the most luxurious rooms at Enchantment Resort. Each one has spectacular views and can accommodate up to 4 people
Update since posting: Enchantment Resort recently underwent a redesign of all rooms, suites and casitas. The refreshed new look reflects the natural surroundings and Southwestern influence.
Enchantment Resort Restaurant & Food
Any review of Enchantment Resort wouldn't be complete without discussing food! The restaurants at Enchantment Resort focus on Southwestern flavors, highlighting local ingredients. There are 2 main restaurants, as well as pool side service and another lighter-fare lunch option at the spa.
- Che Ah Chi - Breakfast every morning starts at Che Ah Chi -- sipping coffee while watching the red rocks wake up isn't a bad way to start the day. Make sure to order the breakfast sandwich and Mesquite waffles. Our waiter, Oscar, basically became family by the end of the vacation. He even started to memorize our orders. Every morning, he brought Claire a chopped banana, and had our table waiting for us. Che Ah Chi is also the more formal option for dinner as well. The chefs specialize is modern American cuisine. Make sure to make reservations ahead of time.
- Tii Gavo - Tii Gavo translates to "gathering place," which is the atmosphere this restaurant aims to deliver. Grab a seat by the fire pit, or by one of the outdoor tables, and enjoy the causal Southwestern dishes.
Don't Miss This Related Compass Roam Article
Want to learn more about family restaurant options in Sedona?
That's a Wrap
Enchantment Resort has already worked its' spell on me twice. It's the perfect destination for adventure-focused-families and travelers. Even after multiple visits, there are still many trails I haven't explored. If you're seeking a luxury stay in the red rock region, this is it!
I hope this Enchantment Resort review has inspired your own family getaway to this luxury hotel in Sedona. If you have any questions, or your own travel tips, please leave them in the comments below. Also, don't forget to sign up for the monthly newsletter, packed with travel tips, upcoming news, and access to FREE destination itineraries.
Start gathering your future travel ideas now! Sign up to receive exclusive travel itineraries and tips.